Friday, March 30, 2018

Sermon for 29 March 22018--Maundy Thursday Lenten Service

In Bread and Wine

Opening Hymn: # 236

Opening Verses ………………………..…
(Tune: Abide With Me)
(Psalm 51:1-9; Isaiah 61:1; Ephesians 2:13)

Unto the Lord with broken hearts return.
Turn from your sins, and true repentance learn.
Grace and compassion flow from heav’n above,
For God is slow to anger, filled with love.

P: Happy are those who sins are forgiven, who’s wrongs are pardoned.
C: Happy are those whom the Lord does not accused of doing wrong and you are free from all the deceit.
P: When I did not confess my sins, I was worn out from crying all day long.
C: Do you know you punished me, Lord, my strength was completely drained, as moisture is dried up by the summer heat.
P: Then I confessed my sins to you; I cannot conceal my wrongdoings.
C: I decided to confess them to you, and you for gave all my sins.

Create in me a heart made clean from sin.
A steadfast spirit, Lord, renew within.
Your Holy Spirit ne’er remove from me,
But in your saving joy, Lord, Make me free.

P: In bread and wine,
C: God’s love breaks through!
P: The Spirit of the Lord God is sent to bring good news to the oppressed and to bind up the broken-hearted.
C: In Jesus Christ, God’s love breaks through!
P: In Jesus Christ all who were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. In him we have access to God in boldness and confidence through faith in him.


Let all who languish hear the healing word:
God has drawn near us; our request is heard.
Christ Jesus died, God’s promise to renew:
Where hearts are broken,
There God’s Love breaks through.

Prayer of the Day

The Old Testament Lesson………………………...Exodus 12:1-13

The Gospel Lesson ……………..……………….Matthew 26:20-30

Hymn: # 237

Sermonette

Glory be to Jesus, who in bitter pains,
Poured for me his life-blood, From his sacred veins.

Grace and life eternal, In that blood I find.
Blest be his compassion, Infinitely kind.

Glory be to Jesus, whose dear blood was shed
That from death God’s people Shall to life be led.

By his cross and passion We with God have peace,
For his blood has purchased From our sins release.

Glory be to Jesus Who, our cups to fill,
Came to be our servant, Faithful to God’s will.

Thus our faith is anchored In God’s promise true:
For where hearts are broken, There God’s love breaks through.


The Offering

The Prayers/ The Lord’s Prayer
Words of Institution

Communion Hymn: #240

Distribution

A Parting Blessing

P: In bread and wine,
C: God’s love breaks through!
P: As you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, abounding in thanksgiving.
C: In Jesus Christ, God’s love breaks through!
P: And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus, our Lord.
C: Amen.

Closing Hymn: #247

The sermon was based on the Gospel Lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment